These instructions only apply to overnight sessions.
Signing up for a date to register early is simple and no payment is required.
Here are the instructions:
- Each youth must sign up individually.
- Click the "SIGN UP NOW" button on the EFY home page (efy.byu.edu)
- Enter the requested information
- When you create an account be sure to record or remember the User ID and password. You will need this login information in the future to register for EFY or any other BYU program.
- DO NOT CREATE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS for an individual if the login information has been forgotten. (See Registration FAQ for instructions.)
- Review your information and click "Submit"
- After signing up one youth, complete the following steps to sign up additional youth for a date to register early:
- Click the “Log Out” button in the top right corner of the “Application Confirmation” page
- Return to efy.byu.edu and re-click the link to sign up
- Sign in to the next youth’s account
- You will see an Application Confirmation page for each youth you successfully sign up
- Repeat the above process for each additional youth
- To view or verify an individual’s sign up, click “Account Information” then “View Current Applications” while signed in to that individual’s account (indicated by the name in the upper right corner of your screen).
Please note – Signing up for a date to register early does not guarantee you a spot in a desired EFY session. Once registration opens, session space is limited on a first come, first served basis.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SIGN UP FOR A DATE TO REGISTER EARLY?
- You will receive an email in mid-January stating the date and time you are eligible to register for EFY. You will be able to register anytime from that date forward until each session is full or closed. The email will be sent to the email address that is listed on your account at that time.
- The email also lists an invitation code. This invitation code allows you to invite one friend (who also signed up to participate in early registration) to register on your same early registration date. Using the invitation code will increase the possibility of you and your sibling, preferred roommate, or friend getting into the same session. YOU CAN EITHER CHOOSE TO LINK WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS AN EARLIER DATE THAN YOU, OR LINK A FRIEND TO REGISTER ON YOUR DATE, BUT NOT BOTH.
- INVITING A FRIEND TO REGISTER ON YOUR SAME EARLY REGISTRATION DATE WILL NOT LINK YOU AS ROOMMATES. Once you have completed your EFY registration, follow the “Requesting a Roommate” instructions located in the Registration FAQ to link as roommates.