If a youth has a special need, please contact the EFY Office at 801-422-3817, ext. 4.
Responsibilities of the parent or guardian of a registered youth:
- Parent or guardian must inform EFY of specific medical, dietary, behavioral, and other needs and conditions that require special accommodations at least 30 days prior to attending EFY. This will allow EFY time to determine the extent of our ability to reasonably provide the requested accommodations.
- EFY’s ability to accommodate special needs and conditions may vary depending on the session location. As a result, it is important that participants with special needs give notice of those needs as soon as possible.
- Failure to contact and allow EFY sufficient time to provide reasonable accommodations for special needs and conditions may result in our inability to do so.
- Parents who request an accommodation for their youth must visit with Health Counselors during Monday Check-in to review needs and concerns.
- A participant exhibiting disruptive behavior will be sent home immediately at the parent’s expense.
During the registration process, the parent or guardian agrees to the following:
“By submitting this form I certify that I approve of my youth’s attendance at a BYU youth program and certify that he or she is in good health and able to participate in the program activities. I give my consent for my son or daughter to receive the medical attention that may be required in the event of illness or accident while attending the program and I agree to be responsible for any expenses incurred for such treatment.”
Youth attending EFY must be able to:
- Care for their individual needs
- Follow directions and participate in program activities
- Act respectfully and appropriately towards others
Youth with the following restrictions are ineligible to register for EFY:
- Unable to dress and feed without help
- Unable to administer own medications
- Unable to follow directions
- Exhibits inappropriate social interaction by non-compliant, disruptive or aggressive behavior
- Currently on probation or parole
- Has committed a sexual-offense type felony, whether convicted or not
Please call the EFY Office at 801-422-3817, ext. 4 with any questions.